Operations Manager Job Duties:
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process supervisors and operators; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system.
- Anticipates operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manage the administrative and customer service functions of the Electrical Division
- Maintain open and positive communication (both in verbal and written form) with employees, departments, customers and vendors
- Maintain appropriate staffing level and workload distribution to meet customer and business needs
- Ensure compliance with company policies and recommend policy changes as needed
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Electrical Division and expense control
- Proactive and reactive management of all service personnel including hiring, training, motivation, career development, reviews and safety
- Organize and present at weekly tech meetings and safety training
- Perform annual merit reviews and development planning for service personnel
- Analyze service productivity and recommend changes to improve customer service and profitability
- Maintain high quality service delivery in an efficient, productive and profitable manner
- Oversee warehouse, inventory and vehicle management
- Maintain ongoing maintenance schedules for service accounts
- Review and approve all replacement requests
- Organize, coordinate and schedule all scheduled maintenance, replacement and Customer service work order
- Assist or assign assistance for technician on accounts to ensure work quality
- Master Electrical license(s) in Texas or a minimum of Journeyman license for the State of Texas
- (3) years’ experience of managing (5) or more electricians and service technicians in a commercial electrical service & maintenance operation within multi-branch office environment
- (3) years’ experience in Service Management and Dispatch software, GPS vehicle monitoring and Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
- Applicant must be familiar with a variety of the electrical field's concepts, practices, best practice, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, Residential Service work, NFPA, Uniform Building Codes and Lighting Systems where applicable
- Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, permits, electrical maintenance goals, Facility Maintenance Application & PM standards
If this sounds good to you, please fill out the form below!
Apply for job
Please login to submit application